Wednesday 30 September 2015

My Top Three Autumn Lipsticks

Top Three Drugstore Autumn Lipsticks Swatches


As a beauty blogger, one of my favourite things about the change of season is the new makeup looks that go with it. I’ve been loving my coral lip stains and pink lip balms over the summer, but I’m really looking forward to being able to wear more makeup in Autumn when it’s less humid and reigniting my love for my lipstick collection. In particular there are three opaque, creamy formulas that are perfect for this time of year (in almost identical shades, but slightly different enough to justify owning them all if you’re a bit of a hoarder like me). Did I mention they’re all super affordable, too?

Max Factor Colour Collections Lipstick in Rosewood was one of the first lipsticks I ever got, and I still love it to this day. It’s a beautiful pink-brown that can be worn sheer or built up for a bolder look. You can expect to see this in my next monthly favourites video as I wear it a lot at this time of year.

When I want something a little more pink, I reach for the Revlon Lip Butter in Macaroon. This is by far the most opaque of the bunch and a rather thick texture, so I tend to apply with a light hand. The shade is a deep blue-toned pink with a hint of shimmer (but not too much like some of the Lip Butter’s) that I find very flattering on my complexion.

The Makeup Revolution Liphug Lipstick in We Have Come Too Far is one I would describe as an everyday red lip – the kind that’s a little braver than what I would normally wear, but doesn’t require lipliner or any kind of maintenance. Like the others it’s a very creamy and easy to apply option and feels comforting to wear, no lip balm required. The classic red shade is perfect leading up to Winter.

Let me know what makeup you’re looking forward to wearing in Autumn.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!