Friday, 11 November 2016

Late 2016 Life Update

feet in leaves autumn

Here's what's been happening in my world lately...

We Hit 2,000 Subscribers
2,000 might not seem like a big number on YouTube - after all, most of the people I watch have hundreds of thousands. But I'm still really proud of this milestone, especially considering that at the beginning of the year I only had 608 subscribers. 

An Update on My New Year's Resolution
Those who have been around for a while will remember that I set myself a New Year's Resolution to believe in myself. Well, it's taken me most of the year, but I think I've got to a point where I actually do. It was such a gradual process that I didn't really notice it was happening, until very recently when I went to a recruitment day in the city centre and was giving myself a good talking to on the bus to shake off my nerves. I remember thinking "Alice, you work very hard and you deserve this. You'd be really good at this job"... and then I realised that I actually believed it. Funny how much perspective can change in a year if you put your mind to it. Oh, that reminds me...


I Have a New Job
At the end of October, I was invited to a recruitment day at Style Social Media, who are a digital marketing company. I now work for them on a freelance basis as a content creator. Basically, I make YouTube videos for a living, as well as a few other things like blog posts and social media updates. The job is so much fun and I'm learning a lot about social media that I can use for this blog and my own YouTube channel. Who knows, maybe I'll finally learn how to use Facebook.

Oh, yeah, I have Facebook now.
It only took me two years, but I've finally set up a Facebook page for Alice Red. Give it a cheeky like if you're feeling generous.

While I Have Your Attention, Let's Talk About Vlogmas...
Ok, so I've looked at my schedule, and there's no way I can do daily videos in December. But I do want to do more videos between 1st December and Christmas Eve. I haven't decided what sort yet, or how I'll make them fit into my hectic schedule, but I want to do it as it will be a really fun way to celebrate hitting 2K. However, that would mean I wouldn't be writing very much over here in December, as there are only so many hours in the day! So what do you reckon? Let me know what you think in the comments.

What's new with you?




I always read and reply to comments! Say hello!